About Malvern International plc
Malvern Edu Group – A Global Partner in Learning and Skills Development
Malvern International plc is quoted on AIM, the London Stock Exchange’s international market for smaller growing companies.
It is the holding company for a number of wholly-owned operating subsidiaries whose business is to provide educational qualifications in the United Kingdom and internationally in countries like Ireland, Cyprus, Singapore and Malaysia.
The Group’s educational offering is broad and geared principally towards preparing students to meet the demands of business and management. Courses include
- Certificate, Diploma and Pre-University Programs
- University Degree and Postgraduate Programs
- Preparatory Courses for Professional Examinations
- Tuition services for Secondary School Students
- English Language Teaching
The Group currently has approximately 8,000 students enrolled on courses provided through subsidiaries and associate companies.
History of the Group
The business dates its origins to the mid-1980s, when it was first established in Singapore to provide correspondence courses for computer training. In 1988 it was reorganized into a broad-based education company and began to establish partnership programs with internationally recognized universities and institutions. In 1995 it established an educational group in Malaysia in partnership with Tunku Iskandar, a member of the royal family of Negeri Sembilan in Malalysia, giving the group a strong presence in the rapidly expanding market in Malaysia.
In 2003 the Group merged with Education Resources Pte Ltd of Singapore, which had an exclusive licence to deliver London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI)’s International Qualification Certificates in 24 Asian countries, to further strengthen its position in the education market. In 2004 it was listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange, as a Singapore Resident company with operations in Singapore and Malaysia.
Finally, in 2009, it acquired Malvern House Group Ltd in order to start forging its path in London for its European operations.
Announcements & Events
General & Education
- Issue of Equity Director / PDMR Shareholding Malvern International plc (AIM: MLVN), the provider of educational services in the UK, Europe and Asia, is pleased to announce that it has received the Tranche 3 of share subscription from Sam Malafeh, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, which was agreed on his appointment and outlined in an announcement dated 5 September 2016. Gopinath Pillai, Chairman, commented: “As Chairman and as representative of one of the major shareholders and financiers of Malvern International, I am happy to see Dr.Sam Malafeh’s third and final contribution to the equity of the company. We value his commitment to the Group through the completion of the three tranches. Sam as the Deputy CEO is focussed on the future growth and development of the company and he has already had a big impact.”
March 20, 2017
- Collaboration Agreement with Playware Studio Singapore
March 10, 2017
Facts at a Glance
Our learning centres have so far
What Students Say
Students’ Testimonials – Their Experiences